Proposal: Would you support a SegWit that included BU functionality? Maybe with a collaborative audit w Core devs to allay any security concerns, or code issues, so we can scale Bitcoin together?

Ticker

1 BTC = $39778.36 USD  (via Coinbase)
1 ETH = $2286.67 USD  (via Coinbase)
1 LTC = $135.09 USD  (via Coinbase)
Quotes delayed up to 2 minutes.

1 CRYPTO

Crypto News & ICO Reviews

1 News - 247 News - 247 Bitcoin - 1 Search

BTC - BCH - ETH - LITE - XRP

Buy Sell Trade Crypto Here

 

I have seen situations like this before.

Things flounder for months. Both sides play tug-of-war. Required {88c91daedd271a990a10650c05d769cae2765e0603edf30ca95f18704e5748e8} is never reached. Everyone suffers.

History has taught us that in the end, success is almost always found when both parties finally give up, and agree to compromise. Nobody's going to give up fully to the other.

If there was some way to address Core's concerns about the quality of the code, and security issues, would you support a release that represented both approaches? /u/nullc /u/memorydealers (everyone else).

Or is this an impossibility because the ideology behind each is too different, and too polarizing for compromise?

Is there something BU could compromise to which would be acceptable to Core?

I don't think anyone on the other sub is opposed to SegWit "as is", nor the incredibly important Layer 2 functionality it introduces. So can Core compromise, or state an alternative they believe BU supporters will be okay with?

I really don't see any other way for us to succeed at this point. If people keep being unwilling to bend, we will go nowhere.

submitted by /u/BitttBurger
[link] [comments]

1 CRYPTO

Crypto News & ICO Reviews

1 News - 247 News - 247 Bitcoin - 1 Search

BTC - BCH - ETH - LITE - XRP

Buy Sell Trade Crypto Here

 

Ticker

1 BTC = $39778.36 USD  (via Coinbase)
1 ETH = $2286.67 USD  (via Coinbase)
1 LTC = $135.09 USD  (via Coinbase)
Quotes delayed up to 2 minutes.

Leave a Reply